I am always happy to accept books, sheet music and other relevant publications for independent review.
As well as being featured on my blog, posts containing reviews are also sent to my email list (300+ subscribers), and distributed via social media (Twitter, 5,000+ followers, Facebook, 800+ followers, and LinkedIn, 600+ connections).
Above all, I’m keen to share new publications and resources with a wider audience; however, in order to best facilitate this, please keep the following in mind:
- I cannot guarantee to review everything I receive. This is, in part, due to time and space constraints, but I am also mindful of featuring those things most likely to interest my readers;
- There is often a backlog of items awaiting review, so please be patient. Only a certain amount can be featured at any one time;
- If you wish me to review anything which is obviously seasonal (e.g. Christmas music) please plan to send these well in advance if you wish them to be featured;
- I will need to see copies of anything you wish to submit for review. If it is a printed publication, then I will need to see a printed copy, not a PDF;
- I can only write a review based on what I receive. If you feel something needs greater explanation than that which might be obvious from the item itself, please provide this (but worth bearing in mind that it might not be obvious to your potential customers either);
- Reviews are independent. I don’t take or accept any payment or commission for the items reviewed, other than through affiliate links where appropriate. This does not affect the impartiality of the reviews written. Reviews are my honest opinion as a teacher;
- If your publication receives a review, then do make the best of it and share that review with your readers, friends, family and customers. The existence of a review does not guarantee it will be read. Share it with the wider music community!
Items received for review cannot be returned unless otherwise agreed.
If you wish to submit a book, piece of music or other relevant publication for review, please contact me here.
Please note that some of the links I use both on this website, and on social media, are affiliate links. At no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you decide to make a purchase after clicking through the link. Please understand that I do not link to items purely because of the small commissions I make if you decide to buy something through my links; however, online marketing and running a website does cost money, and therefore, these small commissions do help.
David Barton and David Barton Music will be what is known as the ‘Data Controller’ of the personal data you provide to us. We are registered with the ICO in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR). You can contact us using this form.
What do we need?
Unless otherwise agreed with you, we will only collect basic personal data about you and/or your child via the contact forms on this website. This information is predominantly restricted to names and email addresses only.
Why do we need it?
We need to know basic personal data in order to supply with more information about the services you have enquired about and to answer any questions you have. We will not collect any personal data from you that we do not need in order respond adequately to your enquiry.
What will we do with it?
All the personal data we hold about you will be processed by the David Barton Music in the UK; however, some information is shared with companies (e.g. MyMusicStaff) who are not based in the UK, and therefore may be stored on servers in their own country.
No other third-parties will have access to your personal data unless there is a legal obligation for us to provide it. We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your personal data is processed securely.
How long will we keep it?
We will generally keep your personal data for a minimum of six years, after which time it will be destroyed if it is no longer required for the lawful purpose(s) for which it was obtained. If you consent to marketing, any information we use for this purpose will be kept with us until you notify us that you no longer wish to receive this information.
We must also tell you that you have the right to refuse consent and the right to withdraw any personal data held about you at any time. If you wish to withdraw the data held, please contact us and we will remove such data as soon as possible. We regularly review the consents you’ve given and the way we handle such data is under regular review.