The DipABRSM in Instrumental/Vocal Teaching is the first-level teaching diploma offered by ABRSM. It comprises of three elements:
- Written Submission (1,800 words on a prescribed title chosen by the candidate and sent with the entry form);
- Viva Voce (based on three current ABRSM Grade 6 pieces for your instrument and general teaching issues);
- Quick Study (unaccompanied of around ABRSM Grade 6 standard).
How can David help?
- Advice on choice of title, planning and structuring the essay;
- Recommend reading, resources and other materials relating to the topic;
- Read and give feedback on drafts of the essay;
- Give general advice on academic writing, presentation and referencing.
- Advice on choosing Grade 6 pieces;
- Providing sample questions based on those pieces and feedback on answers;
- General advise about the Viva discussion;
- Advice on choosing which materials to take to the exam.
- General advice on preparation;
- Recommendations of practice materials;
- Listen to and give feedback on recordings of QS practices.
All mentoring is tailored to the individual and is not a course of study. There are no set course materials, rather, David is guided by your individual needs and requirements.
Two options for DipABRSM mentoring are offered:
Mentoring for complete DipABRSM
Runs January to July, and June to December
£260 (or 6 x £47.50 monthly payments)
Mentoring for Viva Voce and Quick Study ONLY
Runs May to July, and October to December
£195 (or 3 x £71.50 monthly payments)
To find out more about the mentoring David offers and to enquire about availability, please send him a message.