The ATCL in Instrumental/Vocal Teaching is the first-level teaching diploma offered by Trinity College, London. It comprises of two main elements:
- Written Submission (4,000 words including an analysis of experience as a learner; observations of other teachers; case studies of learning experience; and a portfolio of original teaching resources);
- Viva Voce (including a 15 minute spoken presentation; initiative test of teaching skills; and a viva voce discussion);
How can David help?
- Advice on structuring the observations and case studies;
- Recommend reading, resources and other materials relating to the submissions;
- Read and give feedback on drafts of the submissions;
- Give general advice on academic writing, presentation and referencing.
- Advice on preparing the presentation;
- Providing sample questions based on applicable repertoire pieces and feedback on answers;
- General advice about the Viva discussion;
All mentoring is tailored to the individual and is not a course of study. There are no set course materials, rather, David is guided by your individual needs and requirements.
Two options for ATCL mentoring are offered:
Mentoring for complete ATCL
Runs January to July, June to December, and September to March
£395 (or 6 x £72.50 monthly payments)
Mentoring for Viva Voce ONLY*
Runs January to March, May to July, and October to December.
£215 (or 3 x £79.00 monthly payments)
*This option is suitable only for candidates who have already submitted their written materials.
If you are outside of the UK, and your exam sessions take place at different times, packages can be adjusted accordingly. Please enquire.
To find out more about the mentoring David offers and to enquire about availability, please send him a message.