David is always happy to accept books, sheet music and other relevant publications for independent review. Most of these feature on his monthly New Discoveries blog posts, though in the case of some larger acquisitions such as a new exam syllabus, a whole blog post is dedicated.
It’s worth pointing out that the items featured are not solely those sent in specifically for review, but also include those David has acquired himself and which he thinks may be of interest to his readers. Above all, David is keen to support composers and publishers in their work.
As well as being featured on David’s blog, posts containing reviews are also sent to his email list (1,000+ subscribers), and distributed via social media (Twitter, 4,000+ followers and Facebook, 500+ followers).
Above all, David is keen to share new publications and resources with a wider audience; however, in order to best facilitate this, please keep the following in mind:
- David cannot guarantee to review everything he receives. This is, in part, due to time and space constraints, but he is also mindful of featuring those things most likely to interest his readers;
- There is often a backlog of items awaiting review, so please be patient. Only a certain amount can be featured at any one time;
- If you wish David to review anything which is obviously seasonal (e.g. Christmas music) please plan to send these well in advance if you wish them to be featured;
- David will need to see copies of anything you wish to submit for review (printed copies are preferable). Images of book covers and links to YouTube videos are not sufficient in themselves for him to give an honest opinion;
- David can only write a review based on what he receives. If you feel something needs greater explanation than that which might be obvious from the item itself, please provide this (but worth bearing in mind that it might not be obvious to your potential customers either);
- Reviews are independent. David doesn’t take or accept any payment or commission for the items reviewed, other than through affiliate links where appropriate. This does not affect the impartiality of the reviews written.
Items received for review cannot be returned unless otherwise agreed.
If you wish to submit a book, piece of music or other relevant publication for review, please contact David here.